Stoker Questions

Neil Grant

TVWBB Fan
Am considering buying a used stoker, a few years old.

Being a tech-tard it won't be easy for me to figure out how to use it to regulate grill temps, but I think I'll be able to.

But what about hooking up to pc ? Is that only to see temp fluctuations ? Why does seeing that that matter ? And how does it "connect" to pc in house ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Grant:
Am considering buying a used stoker, a few years old.

Being a tech-tard it won't be easy for me to figure out how to use it to regulate grill temps, but I think I'll be able to.

But what about hooking up to pc ? Is that only to see temp fluctuations ? Why does seeing that that matter ? And how does it "connect" to pc in house ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Setting it up shouldn't be difficult, if you look on the Rock's BBQ site the manuals and tree of options from the front panel are available. I operated my old original stoker most of the time just using the front panel, it works fine.

Hooking it to your PC involves adding to to your home network with the network cable connection. Once you do this you can access the Stoker with a web browser, or an application like StokerLog. StokerLog works pretty well for tracking the history of your cooking session if you do it overnight while sleeping or are away from the smoker.

Back