Stoker Cook Issues...

D Arita

TVWBB Fan
I used the stoker on my XL for a 10 hour cook and had some issues. First, for some reason, Stokerlog disconnected from the Stoker after about 15 minutes. It took me over an hour to get it reconnected. After I reconnected, all went well until I did a 5 minute pause to open the lid. When Stoker started up again, the fan didn't come on. I watched the temp drop about 40 degrees and finally I decided to turn the Stoker off, then on again. The fan still didn't come on until I went in and reassigned the blower to the probe once again.
Has anyone else had the problem with the blower having to be reassigned after turning the Stoker off or using the 5 minute pause?

Doesn't ring a bell. Are you running wired or wireless?

Run a test without cooking anything. Just connect stokerlog to it and see if it stays up reliably.

Amir, I'm wireless via wifi and home router. Stokerlog stayed connected for the rest of the cook after losing connection that first time. I thought my router signal was too weak, so I connected via the adapter and ethernet cable, but once I connected to Stoker through Stoker Status, then I could connect to Stokerlog. At that point I was able to disconnect the adapter.
What bothers me more is the blower having to be reassigned so often.

I have had the same problem. I'm not sure that it was a Stokerlog issue. It may have been an issue with the Stoker itself. I was using a hardwired connection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Arita:What bothers me more is the blower having to be reassigned so often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why are you having to reassign the blower? Somehow it becomes disassociated? Generally speaking you should only have to do this once I think. I know I haven't had to do this for many many cooks, I'd venture to say I haven't assigned in two years.

When you write "XL" are you referring to an XL Egg or Primo or other ceramic? I have a ceramic and have found the lid open feature in Stokerlog doesn't always work well for me. Simple work around is prior to opening my cooker I set my pit temp to 32. Open, do whatever I'm needing to do, close, wait about 5 minutes and put temp back to my target temp. I'm usually monitoring my Stoker via my cell as well as Stokerlog so even if I leave my house I can reset the temp from my cell. Works like a charm every time.

Don't use an iPhone so I can only assume it would work the same as my Android. I set my router to port forward to my Stoker. Type in my ip address (the one assigned by your ISP) in my Android browser and it opens Stoker Status. Love being able to monitor and change temps from anywhere. I still use Stokerlog as I like to graph my cooks but having my phone in my pocket with the ability to access Stoker from literally anywhere I have phone services is great.

Back