Stocked up

LOL sorry I don't have a secret store/source... as you all know Stubb's is only available down in the States... So everytime I make a drive south of the border I try to pick up a few bags from Bellingham

This makes for intriguing conversations at the border:
Officer: what did you purchase for $60?
Me: charcoal
Officer: excuse me?
Me: I bought charcoal for my BBQ
Officer: what's so different about these that you have to buy?
Me: I cannot get this brand in Canada
Officer: How many bags did you purchase?
Me: 6 bags
Officer: Open the trunk

Which is even more of a reason for me to stock up on them since I only cross the border once every few months
icon_smile.gif

I'm in the middle of one of the most ridiculous and unbalanced real estate markets that is Vancouver....

Ha-Ha! Had that converation many times but they have never asked to see it.
icon_wink.gif

Do they make you pay taxes on it? Where do you pick it up from in Bellingham?

I've only been asked once to see it, and pay taxes . These are mostly all day trips so of course I have no dutyfree limits but been pretty lucky so far.

Lowe's Bellingham (one exit south of Bellis Fair) is where I usually go. If they don't have it in stock then it's the next one off of I5 - Mt. Vernon and 1/2hr drive south
icon_smile.gif

I am a little late finding this thread but I also understand
icon_biggrin.gif

Around 924 lbs and after the Labor Day sale I should be well over 1,000 lbs and will wait comfortably for Memorial Day Sale 2013!!

001-129.jpg

Geez I thought I was bad buying 8 bags this summer.

Home Depot had a better deal going in late april with a twin pack of 20lb bags. Memorial day they had twin packs of smaller bags. Good deal but not the usual .35/lb like they have at labor day. I'm already thinking of where to put my labor day haul to get me through the winter! Wife thinks I'm just cleaning the garage. LOL

I've moved two times in the past two years, most recently last weekend in the middle of the hottest weather in a century. The heaviest thing I have is my mound of charcoal, and though I let the stack get a little low in anticipation of the move, my church folks who helped me move think I have a fetish! I had to remind them for the second time, "No one ever complains about the food!" I'm looking forward to the Labor Day sale to bring the load back up to snuff.

I've moved two times in the past two years,

After moving 9 times in 9 years (work), I hired movers when I bought a house last year. I had just stocked up with about 600 lbs from the memorial day sale last year. The movers opened the garage of our townhome and said "That's staying here, right?"

Back