Steven Raichlen accessories/books?

Wayne E.

TVWBB Member
Local hardware store has all Raichlen accessories and books on clearance for 40% off. I assume they are clearing out inventory for end of season.

Thinking about picking up a book but don't know which one would be best? I've seen many of his pbs shows and am interested in both bbq and grilling. I have some experience with grilling, but am just starting out with the wsm. (have the low and slow book already)

Any particular book of his better than the others? Any of his accessories worth picking up during this sale?

Thanks

I have the books HOW TO GRILL and SAUCES, RUBS, AND MARINADES. They are both worth getting. And the 19.5 inch tongs are my most used BBQ tool.

How to grill and the barbecue bible are the 2 I use to have,I got rid of them. Some of the recipes just seem to be to complex for me. Mr.Raichlen may know his way around the grill and smoker but he's not really for a novice like me. I guess I'm just to basic of a smoker and grill'r. The info I get here is more user friendly and easier for me to follow.

I agree that his books are worth the money. I also have his Primal Grill DVDs and always learn some fine point every time I watch them.

My wife bought me the the Primal Grill DVD set from Walmart for $20. I probably wouldn't have bought it myself but I watch a few episodes here and there. I have tried a few of his grilling (non-bbq) recipes from there and they're fine but pretty basic. If it's cheap enough, you're interested and can afford it, go nuts. He probably wouldn't be my first choice if I was on a budget though.

The How to Grill book is handy, albeit a bit repetitive on the "setup your grill for direct (or indirect) heat...." on every recipe.

I love the flat skewers - the ones that are six to a pack - because they are big enough for a kettle grill or a campfire and wide enough to prevent food spinning when rotating the skewers. (mind you I like my firewire skewers too and they aren't flat).

Back