Steamer pot in the UK?

Well my excitement didn't last too long. The pots they assured me were the Sonex turned out to be mastercook. One of them was close, the bottom diameter though was only 34.1cm which without testing in a SJ seemed too small.

Somebody suggested a different Indian superstore, which had an aisle like this

But no suitable pot. I got excited when I saw this but it's too big, they had a 52 and 84 quart. I reckon one would fit a jumbo joe but it was £60.

I think I may have to give up.

Due to size and weight, Priority Mail is indeed the only way these can be shipped internationally. Even with the online discount that I pass on to the buyer, it's still expensive but it also spends less time in the mail stream.

One of the forum members sent me an email asking if I could supply a grill and pot in one box to cut down on the shipping cost. He explained that he was finding charges of $75 US to ship a Smokey Joe to the UK. My shipping rate for a steamer pot is $62 so he was looking at nearly $140 just in shipping. As I was preparing a reply outlining the reasons why this couldn't be done, I did a little research and found out it was feasible.

I ordered a couple of SJ Golds and some boxes that would hold both items still in their original boxes for added protection. That brought the shipping cost down to $91. That's still awfully expensive but in another week or so, he'll be driving his neighbors crazy with the aroma of cooking ribs.

Last edited:

Back