Steak and the extras

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
Nothing major, this is a dinner that can compete with the best……
This is a fatty steak and let’s just say, the best I have had in a long time…..
Good times tonight…..strip for the MRS and bone in rib for myself.

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0642.jpeg
    IMG_0642.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
It really was a basic cook, but everything was done right.....
This cook here is why I haven't ordered a steak at a restaurant in years........they want $60 for a top end meal that honestly just doesn't cut it.
The steaks were black angus and the bone in rib was super marbled and fatty......spiced perfectly.
Halved shrooms with fresh garlic, salt n pepper.
Garlic roasted mini taters also on the Q.

Just having the right fire makes everything work so much better, it's simple but it is very easy to overlook...or not pay attention to.
I cooked 2 chicken breasts first and the smells is what got me hungry....I crushed the whole plate.

On a side not here just a mention on a few new things I have been noticing.
I do make my own spice mix's and rubs but have always been trying pre packaged options.
I have mentioned a lot of times about what I like.....basically I find a lot of pre made options are not worth the money spent.
I gave/threw away a lot of them in the process.......
So what is new that I have been enjoying.......they have good ingredients and they really shine from my perspective.

I have been enjoying a few of Lane's products.
This one in particular I used for the first time ever....it really mimics killer hogs gringo grande......GG has MSG in it I believe so I don't love that part at all but I do love the flavour....this is really close, very good on chicken last night.

1695728094228.png

Once again....the brands I have been enjoying are killer hogs, Oakridge bbq ( closed for good DEC 2022 ), 1 local one no one knows about and Lane's.....which now I have tried 4 of them and found generally to really excel in flavour........it does the job.
A couple others below I did enjoy if you wanted to try something new.

We don't get fresh garlic around here for about 7 months straight.............this is powerful, used it last night on garlic roasted potatoes in foil on the Q.
1695728275406.png

I am not sure why this one is good but again on poultry its a nice change and tasty.....

1695728318150.png

And this one again is different, not sure why I like it......

1695728393671.png

I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies that I just posted....just sharing.

It really was a basic cook, but everything was done right.....
This cook here is why I haven't ordered a steak at a restaurant in years........they want $60 for a top end meal that honestly just doesn't cut it.
The steaks were black angus and the bone in rib was super marbled and fatty......spiced perfectly.
Halved shrooms with fresh garlic, salt n pepper.
Garlic roasted mini taters also on the Q.

Just having the right fire makes everything work so much better, it's simple but it is very easy to overlook...or not pay attention to.
I cooked 2 chicken breasts first and the smells is what got me hungry....I crushed the whole plate.
I feel the same, I can’t bring myself to drop anywhere from $60-$100 for someone to cook a steak that even my wife tells me I always do better at home! Paying that much for a disappointment just goes against my grain.

I feel the same, I can’t bring myself to drop anywhere from $60-$100 for someone to cook a steak that even my wife tells me I always do better at home! Paying that much for a disappointment just goes against my grain.
I hear you.......it's happening more and more with us.....
It's honestly too bad because its nice to get out once in a while and go relax and not cook. The MRS loved going out often but lately that has not been the case.

A good example is a smoke house within an hour of us......it is what I would normally hold every other joint's food against.
Now we haven't been in about 1.5 years, like I was saying.......but I went online to look at the menu and was blown away because it seems as most of the stuff has gone up by about 40% to 50%.......they want to charge $3 on a " premium meat " which only happens to be brisket.
It is crazy.....a 3 meat " platter " that feeds one real good, you know the type....3 meats a couple very small sides and a cornbread....used to be about $25 up here now retails for $42....with the brisket....and you have to have the brisket.
I know things have gone up in price but this place seems over the top.

1695729285785.png

Google image shows this as the platter when I search, looks like the same restaurant to me.
1695729378892.png
1695729433353.png

Yep, there is a place not too far away where I’ll get lunch now and then but, even they have become pretty pricey!
I know my brisket is better but, as you say, sometimes I just don’t feel like it!

Back