Starting off the New Year with BBQ!

RobV727

It's 6 degrees outside but the WSM is a warm 225. There's an 8 lb brisket with 3 slabs of baby backs preparing to join it!

Happy New Year everyone!

icon_razz.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif
icon_wink.gif
Welcome aboard ... great 2010 start
icon_cool.gif

So far, so good. The air temp is up to a balmy 12 degrees but the WSM is still holding a constant 225. I can't seem to get it any higher though! All vents are wide open.

I love the cold and love the snow (hate the wind!!
icon_mad.gif
) but after living for 20 years in Florida, I'll NEVER be able to adapt to outdoor cooking when it's 6º outside! You da MAN !!
icon_cool.gif

Dan,

Great advice! That's what I figured. This is my first time so I am eager to taste it. Just past mid way and removed the ribs, mopped and foiled for the next 2.5 hours. Mopped the brisket as well. The temp jumped to 280 while the lid was off!

I am going to put a smoked sausage in too (fully cooked) I was thinking about 90 mins. How does that sound?

Interesting idea - "double smoked sausage." I'd keep an eye on the internal temp of the sausage and take it off in the 125 - 135 range- you don't want to dry it out into a smoked stick.

Dan:

It's actually a beef sausage. I guess I'll be the one smoking it! Thanks for the temp advice!

Rob

Back