Starter question--Help!

Amanda Minor

I have a Weber Q1000 grill and I am having what seems like an odd problem. I should also say I know NOTHING about grilling or grills, so if you are the lovely person(s) who respond, please do so like you are talking to an alien who has never used a grill before.

I am using the small containers of propane. When I ignite the grill with a new can of propane, it works great, however, if I turn it off then try to re-ignite it I get NOTHING...ever. It doesn't matter if I wait 5 minutes or a week. Nothing. That bottle of propane can't be used again. I know the bottle isn't empty (since I have now purchased 2 bottles with the same result). Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be and how I can fix it? When I try to use it for the second time the ignite switch doesn't click or have any type of push back (if that makes sense).

Please help!

Thanks--
Amanda

This adapter hose will work, but if you're not just leaving it in place it takes a while to work like normal each time you set it up.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0012XXD4Y/tvwb-20

If you're using it mobile all the time, and you want to use the larger tanks, you can do this mod that I did with some guidance from some members here: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?49713-Weber-Q-low-flame-or-no-flame

I'm sure the 2nd link is more info than you want, and maybe you're not even interested in using the "normal" 20# grill tanks.......

How old is your grill? That might help others here help with your question.

Does your igniter on the Q1000 have batteries inside for power?? If so, perhaps they have lost power and need replacing. I own a older Q220, and it uses the older type of igniter. If i shut it off and try to reignite, before I push the button, i lift the lid and blow a few times around the igniter to clear the propane, and then push the button to ignite the propane. This works every time for me. I also cleaned the igniter part on the gril when I first bought it used, with a wire brush and made it shiney so the spark would have better contact when i used the igniter. It lights the first time now. Good Luck!!!

Back