Started the Fourth with a ribeye

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
A choice ribeye from Sams, large enough Mrs Dollar and I could split it. Reverse seared. Put the ribeye on the 22 Kettle, veggies on the 26, and when veggies done, seared the ribeye on the 26.

Used 12 briqs of B&B oak charcoal in the 22 Kettle with a chunk of oak wood, to smoke the ribeye at about 225* until it reached an IT of 110* .

On the 26'er, I used a mix of B&B oak charcoal and B&B oak lump.

Used a coffee rub from All Things BBQ. It was the first time to try this rub, and it was good, but its the last time I'll use it. There's just better.

Meal was keto friendly.

20210702_191129.jpg

20210702_180621.jpg

20210702_182440.jpg

20210702_183716.jpg

20210702_184037.jpg

Look's good but I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the rub as I just purchased the same one, hoping it would be as good as Oakridge Carne Costa!

Look's good but I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the rub as I just purchased the same one, hoping it would be as good as Oakridge Carne Costa!

It wasn't that I didn't like it, we just have better, like Kosmos Texas Beef coupled with Kosmos Cow Cover.

And I might get brave one of these days, and use it on a brisket. That's how Chef Tom at All Things BBQ uses this rub. And he uses it with other rubs. He likes it because its a course rub, which will help build better bark. But I'm not looking for bark on a ribeye, maybe some crust, but not bark.

Well I wasn't expecting much as I added it to my cart at Creekstone Farms to get free shipping on my purchase. Good point, I'll try it by itself & if I'm not satisfied I will blend it with another rub! Thanks!

It wasn't that I didn't like it, we just have better, like Kosmos Texas Beef coupled with Kosmos Cow Cover.

And I might get brave one of these days, and use it on a brisket. That's how Chef Tom at All Things BBQ uses this rub. And he uses it with other rubs. He likes it because its a course rub, which will help build better bark. But I'm not looking for bark on a ribeye, maybe some crust, but not bark.
Love the Texas beef and cow cover. Cow cover hot is awesome too. Still undecided on the sirracha cow cover. It's interesting for sure.

Love the Texas beef and cow cover. Cow cover hot is awesome too. Still undecided on the sirracha cow cover. It's interesting for sure.

Mrs Dollar gets frustrated with me wanting to try a new rub every time I grill a steak. She loves the Texas Beef with Cow Cover and doesn't see why we need to do anything else.

I think after tonight, she's gonna get her way.

I love every photo from this post. My favorite is of both kettles cooking. My wife asked me the same thing about needed to keep trying new rubs even when I have find ones I love and have starting make so the family like even more.

Back