Stainless or plated?

Angelo Harris

Not sure if weber parts mixed up my order. Purchased the stainless steel grates for my kettle as the plated old ones were chipping away at the plating. Opened the new packaging up (only packed in bubble wrap). Afraid it's plated and not ss.

I'll take a picture here and if I chip the plating, it's not SS is it?

Attachments

• 20231228_105230.jpg
    20231228_105230.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 29
I rang weber and the guy said the stainless weigh around 3.7kg which is exactly what this new one weighs.

Only thing is my old one weighs the same lol. Maybe it was stainless too. I'll clean it up tomorrow and send some pictures of the old one. But the old one looks like it's losing plating and is a copper colour underneath.

Either way, I'll keep this new one in really clean condition for grilling and use the old one for roasts.

What size kettle?
Here in the US Weber doesent offer a SS version for a 22.5" kettle.

Sure they do. You can order by calling or if you purchase a new Master Touch it’s an option when you build.
That's correct! There is a 22" stainless steel GBS cooking grate that is currently only available by reaching out to the call center at 1-800-446-1071 and asking to order part # 65057, $82.04.

GBS stands for Gourmet BBQ System and allows you to use a collection of accessory inserts. The accessories are a poultry roaster, griddle, sear grate, wok, Dutch oven, pizza stone, and more.

The 22" stainless steel GBS cooking grate can also be selected as an upgrade option (for an additional $76) when ordering a 22" Master-Touch through the Build Your Own Master-Touch program on Weber.com US. #IworkforWeber

Last edited:

Back