SRF Wagyu pastrami.

Bruno

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Soaked a Wagyu corned beef round for 30 hours in water, changed it 3 times, rubbed with mustard, black pepper, coriander, garlic powder and brown sugar.
Going on the SmokeFire until 160ish, will place in foil pan on a rack. Some type of liquid in the bottom of the pan. My plan was to take this to 200, I’m seeing a mixed final temp in all the stuff I’ve read online.CF374DF7-CBDB-4953-8377-5D6F21CC7FAE.jpeg
First time on the SmokeFire with the newest update, came up to temp faster than ever before. Something they said would happen with the update. Very impressed so far.33922361-BCEC-4996-81A9-F11631032155.jpeg

Last edited:
if you're planning on steaming the done pastrami then go lower than 200F done temp. the steaming will add temp back to the meat and personally, a corned beef or pastrami are better being a little tooth tender rather than full soft like a brisket (many years of Katz', Harrolds, Carnegie and other NY Jewish style delis experience here). All depends what you want on your final product. as always, your pics look great!

if you're planning on steaming the done pastrami then go lower than 200F done temp. the steaming will add temp back to the meat and personally, a corned beef or pastrami are better being a little tooth tender rather than full soft like a brisket (many years of Katz', Harrolds, Carnegie and other NY Jewish style delis experience here). All depends what you want on your final product. as always, your pics look great!
Thanks for the input, I don’t really know how to steam it tomorrow so I’d love some ideas on that. What do you think would be a good target temp?
Thanks again.

Thanks for the input, I don’t really know how to steam it tomorrow so I’d love some ideas on that. What do you think would be a good target temp?
Thanks again.
I’d probably stop at 190-192. It’ll still have some firm body and still be fully cooked. To steam, place on a rack and put water in tray below rack and fully wrap in foil to trap steam in. The idea is to warm it fully with steam, not steam cook it so it won’t shred in you.

On rye, with some mustard and you’re set.

Actual photo from Harold’s Deli in NJ. Took 5 of us two days to finish this.

1646879205703.jpeg

1646879357998.jpeg

Attachments

• 1646879113060.jpeg
    1646879113060.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 6
I’d probably stop at 190-192. It’ll still have some firm body and still be fully cooked. To steam, place on a rack and put water in tray below rack and fully wrap in foil to trap steam in. The idea is to warm it fully with steam, not steam cook it so it won’t shred in you.

View attachment 46896

View attachment 46897
Thanks for the info!!

View attachment 46896

View attachment 46897
You should not have ordered off the kid’s menu!!

Back