Squash Fritters

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
These were so good that we had them Sun. AND Mon. night with dinner.

Squash Fritters

1/3 cup biscuit mix
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups grated raw yellow squash
2 to 4 TB. butter

Combine all ingredients except butter, blending well. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into skillet. Cook fritters 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

Source: Southern Living Dinner & Supper Cookbook - 1977

Thanks for the recipe Joan. I think we will give this a try. My wife loves squash and I have gotten a little tired of the same old grilled or sauteed versions. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Hi Gary, your quite welcome. As DH just said about me posting this recipe - "just spreading the joy" lol

Tonight was the night. Paired with a little skirt steak and a salad. They came out great. Next time I will wring the squash out a bit before mixing as it got a little watery in the bowl. But overall a success. Thanks Joan! 20210124_190534.jpg20210124_191751.jpg

Oh your quite welcome Gary. I am soo happy you tried the recipe. Everything looks so delicious.

DH made these again the other night. He mixed the leftovers with eggs for breakfast the next morning. I know this sounds silly, but I just can't seem to get enough of this recipe. They just taste so DELICIOUS!!!! to me. Don't know what it is.

Gary, have you made them again?

Has anyone else tried them?

Had these the other day again. It was our 19th time. We've been adding zucchini to them and they are still delicious.

Back