Spring has sprung !!

John Sully

TVWBB Fan
On Friday I was able to get my boat dropped in the Great South Bay !! Brings back alot of memories every year. When I was a kid my father, grand father, brother and I would make a day of launching whatever boat we had. I could skip school and spend the day on the boat. Dad and Pop are long gone but my brother and two boys keep the tradition going !!

boat 4.jpgBoat 5.jpgboat 6.jpg

Hi John, nice looking boat.

DH and I just finished looking at the pictures of where you live. He grew up near there. Thank you, it was fun to see all those places and brought back some good memories for him. Hmmm, wonder if you two know each other?

Thanks Joan, it is a 31' 1968 Chris Craft Commander, spent the last 20 years putting it all back toghetor one small step at a time.
I grew up in West Islip, graduated in 1982. The boat is in the Bayshore Public Marina at the end of 5th Ave.

I have fond memories of treks from Bay Shore to Kismet in various crafts in my younger years. My mother grew up in Bay Shore and still has a lot of family in that area. Always fun visiting.

Thanks Joan, it is a 31' 1968 Chris Craft Commander, spent the last 20 years putting it all back toghetor one small step at a time.
I grew up in West Islip, graduated in 1982. The boat is in the Bayshore Public Marina at the end of 5th Ave.
I guess not, he graduated some years before you. He did say that when he was younger, his friends father had a Chris Craft Commander and he used to help him paint it. You did a great job of putting yours back together. If you are ever in Florida and need a generator for your boat, call my husband, he is retired from the marine industry and repairs generators in his spare time. lol

DH said to ask you if your boat has twin crusaders? He helped his friend paint the engines every year.

Last edited:
When I bought the boat it had twin Crusader 305's but they were done. I replaced them with twin Mercruiser 350's along with the transmissions, fuel tanks, fresh water system, steering and electrical systems.

Back