Spirit Silver B?

ThomasGcc

Hello experts.

Just did a bargon on this grill for 30$ and it's in great condition structuly.
However I'm struggeling to determine exactly what modell this is.
I thought only Genesis models were called Silver. This one has written Spirit Silver on it.
SN (DD) says its from 2011.
What kind of a beast is this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200804-225557.jpg
    Screenshot_20200804-225557.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 48
Hello experts.

I thought only Genesis models were called Silver. This one has written Spirit Silver on it.
Hi, It is a Spirit from around 2007. They are similar to a Genesis of the time period. The Genesis had flip up side tables. Either way easy to fix and they cook the same.

Thanks Bill

Yah, that is a Spirit. Just a dumbed down Genesis really. I don't think it should say "Silver" on it anywhere unless it is a part from a Genesis Silver grill, which is entirely possible.

If you punch the full Serial Number into Weber.com, you should get a definitive answer to the model.

This is a photo of the GENESIS Silver B which is what your spirit is based on. I believe these were made from about 2004 to 2005 and once the Genesis went to the new E3xx design, I think Weber just continued this basic design into the Spirit line.

Silver B.jpg

Hello experts.

Looks like you are from Norway?

The models are a little different over in Europe. Best way to find the exact model number is to register the grill on the Weber website. After you register it, it'll give you all sorts of information about your grill.

Thanks for the replies. May be a regional thing yeah. I will try yet again to register the grill, it did'nt work last time.
Got even more confused yesterday as i was cleaning the lid it clearly states Genesis B both the inside side covers. Guess i can have a swinging rack then 🤔.

If you get a message that your serial number wasn't found, it may mean that someone else has previously registered that number. You can call Weber if in doubt. I think Kyle might be referring to establishing an account at Weber (a Weber ID), which might give you access to more features at Weber.

If all you are interested in is a schematic and other documentation, try entering the Part Number [HERE] instead of the Model Number that it requests. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
If you get a message that your serial number wasn't found, it may mean that someone else has previously registered that number. You can call Weber if in doubt. I think Kyle might be referring to establishing an account at Weber (a Weber ID), which might give you access to more features at Weber.

If all you are interested in is a schematic and other documentation, try entering the Part Number [HERE] instead of the Model Number that it requests. Hope this helps!

That link worked! It's a SPIRIT E-310 OPEN CART LP BLK (2009) (DENMARK/NORWAY/FINLAND) - 3721169

Most parts on the parts list is actually from genesis so no wonder i got confused. Back to scrubbing, thanks guys

Funny because that is clearly not an open cart grill. The mystery continues.

Refurb(ish) done. Super happy with the result. Did not care to sand and smooth everything to get it perfect but for the time it took im very happy.

Tried 4 diffrent high grade oven cleaners from Norway but none got the lid clean... Will try other cleaners after the season. Still need some work on the emblem aswell :)

New stainless steel flavorizers and grids, cross burner tube, igniter, swinging basket, resting rail, waste tray holder and "bucket"

Used the awesome guides for cleaning and restoration of valves, and tips and tricks from the forum. Thank you for that!

If anyone is interested i also used: Bengalack heat matte black spray paint on firebox and lid sides, High gloss caliper paint on frame (abit to glossy). Bleech, steel wool and car Bumper renewer on plastics and car polish on lid.

And the model is probably diffrent as it's an import. All the parts besides the tray indicates that this is a genesis silver B, guess its a hybrid and thats why they have both Spirit and silver written on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_192627~2.jpg
    IMG_20200820_192627~2.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200820_192639.jpg
    IMG_20200820_192639.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20200820_192705.jpg
    IMG_20200820_192705.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200820_192744.jpg
    IMG_20200820_192744.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200820_194653.jpg
    IMG_20200820_194653.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20200820_194700.jpg
    IMG_20200820_194700.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 40
  • USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1597944485566_6702264947590180368.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1597944485566_6702264947590180368.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200820_192722.jpg
    IMG_20200820_192722.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200820_193149.jpg
    IMG_20200820_193149.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 39
Awesome are those all Weber parts? Are they easy to get there? Did you power wash the inside of the cookbox?

VERY nice job! Interesting control panel (limited info). Looks like the outside of your hood may have "Weber Rash", very common on black hoods and can't be corrected. Inside does need the razor blade treatment...

Awesome are those all Weber parts? Are they easy to get there? Did you power wash the inside of the cookbox?
All weber yes. The other upgraded ones would have costed tripple in shipping and import. Few sellers wanted to ship aswell. Weber Norway ordered everything from Denmark without problems.

Firebox was a haggle, not sure what they are called but i ended up using a round metal thread thing that you use on your drill.

VERY nice job! Interesting control panel (limited info). Looks like the outside of your hood may have "Weber Rash", very common on black hoods and can't be corrected. Inside does need the razor blade treatment...

Thank you :) yeah, i dont mind the "sun tan" though, gives it some character.

They put those minimalist control panels on some of the years of Sprit grills. I prefer the ones with full printing.

But, yah, I cant find anything to fault on that rehab. Good job. But it ain't done until you slap a 40mm ribeye on that thing.

I've seen those, and I assumed they were intended for export where the alphabet (or language) may not be the same as the US.

EDIT: But oh yeah, good to see another classic restored by caring hands! Job well done!

Not sure, but I have seen several of them on grills....maybe they were overseas grills, but I don't think I have seen one like that on a Genesis, US or not.

Bruce, there was a Spirit up for sale in the past week or so here in SoCal like that...it wasn't up for long before it sold, but to my untrained eye it looked a rebadged early 2000s Silver.

Last edited:
Well, this one is no longer an open cart. Was looking for a cover when a genesis silver B with cabinet and cover showed up for sale for under half the price of a new cover. So back to the grinder, and ofcourse some new questions.

Can't the right side table be removed? Wanna swap out the right table for a basket but the darn front side of the rubber end wont budge. Is there an easy trick im missing?

How hot are theese Silver B/Spirit 300 supposed to get? Was dissapointed that i could not get sear marks with stainless steel grids. After some tweakin and testing both termometers today the highest i could reach was 480. Before that 460 without flavorizers and grids and lower with em in.

Thanks for future replies.
Pictures will come

Yes, the swing table on the right can be removed. I personally think that is a nice option, but you can replace it with a condiment holder if you would like that better. I hope you can get that in Norway.

Getting those end pieces off can be very hard. Have you looked carefully on the bottom of the frame to be sure that there isn't a plastic clip from the end piece that needs to be pushed in first?

If your temperatures are accurate, then something is definitely wrong. I am not a gas expert by any stretch, and understanding what you have in Norway makes it harder to recommend. The first obvious things are to be sure your burners have clear openings and that there are no obstructions inside. Spiders like to make nests inside burner tubes! If your burners are good, then I would assume you have a regulator problem. If so, hopefully you have access to some of the inexpensive replacement regulators that are available.

p.s. My last name, Tofte, is a Norwegian name. Very rare here in the US, although there is a small town in our state of Minnesota that has our family name.

Back