Spirit 700 Restoration + My First Post!

Not to hijack..... but whats the deal with the 'dual side firing' middle burner???? I noticed that my neighbor's 1000 has one (he wanted to replace just for the helluvit but I told him no) but I have not run into any dual side firing middle burners with all the Bs I've picked up ---- they have all had a single row of holes on the top of the burner....... Where do you find these burners and are they any better than the single row burners? I look more for the rectangular hole burners (like stock) over the round hole burners....

So you are saying that those are original burners that are the better part of 20+years old? Impressive. I don't know why but I want one of those center burners now....
I have a couple sets of Weber burner tubes that still have the plastic spider guards on them and they are still in fantastic shape. The old ones lasted forever (almost)

Yeah the old ones really did last. And when they failed it was weird. They would crack following the ports so when you would light it, the crack would expand as it heated and you would get one area like a large flame thrower

Well - I will say that I have seen more burners that had plenty of life left in them be pitched because the crossover tube crumbled..... Its a shame that now its just a cheap to buy a whole set over just the crossover. Honestly - with the number of grills I've flipped, I've never come across a set of burner tubes that weren't functional --- just trashed crossovers. I'm running up against this for my Spirit 210 right now --- have to be VERY careful cleaning the crossover slots so they don't break out......

Well - I will say that I have seen more burners that had plenty of life left in them be pitched because the crossover tube crumbled..... Its a shame that now its just a cheap to buy a whole set over just the crossover. Honestly - with the number of grills I've flipped, I've never come across a set of burner tubes that weren't functional --- just trashed crossovers. I'm running up against this for my Spirit 210 right now --- have to be VERY careful cleaning the crossover slots so they don't break out......
If you have surplus 304 stainless tubes, The crossover tubes are not too expensive if you buy in quantity for the older genesis east west burner grills. About $10 per piece shipped.

I buy the 3 burner crossover tubes only. I can always cut them down for a 2 burner.

Back