Spare ribs on my WSM

P Burnside

I have had a WSM for a couple of years now and have used this site for tips and tricks to basically learn how to BBQ. Anyway, it is time for me to contribute back to the site. Here is a picture of some ribs I cooked a couple of weeks back. I served up five full racks and watched them disappear in three minutes. I guess they were good... I spent the year practicing ribs and I feel pretty good with my recipe and technique now. Now I am moving on to brisket. I have done some great ones and some really bad ones. I want to consistently make great brisket so wish me luck...

IMG_5300_zpse2c30fe4.jpg

Beautiful ribs! Welcome to the posting fun. Looking forward to more of your posts, including your brisket!

Good lookin' ribs P. If I had a slab they would be my breakfast! What is that elevated gizmo on your WSM?

I am using a two tier swing grate. It is two grates separated by a pipe that swivels. It allows me to swing the top grate off to the side so I can work on the bottom grate. I don't have to worry about lifting up a hot top grate with food on it and placing it down somewhere to get to the lower grate. It is really convenient.

Pete

Is this the grate? Do you have a 22" WSM?

Great looking ribs. Can't wait to see your brisket.

That is the grate. I have the WSM 22.5 but the grate was the 21.5. I spoke to the owner of the company and he said the 21.5 grate is specifically lily made for 22.5 webers. It fits and works great.

I am going to try a butcher paper wrapped brisket tonight. I have always wrapped in foil but I have being hearing good things about butcher paper.

Back