South Texas Brisket Slab

Thank you Robert it's been unreal, but after about 4 inches in one hour last night we got clear blue today at 95 so if it keeps i have a good size slab I have to smoke for our week in food here. 20 lbs or larger.

The rain we need, it's just so much at once, we're not equipped in San Antonio for that and I'm out in hill country so even worse. I know the Riverwalk overflowed and trapped a lot of people and we get drunk dead tourists there every summer, but never natural disaster related.

I'm glad you liked the post, I try not to talk too much, I post mainly in photos. People are real sensitive about method cooking and fool proof ways.

Glad to hear you are well and not washed away.
you next day tacos look great also. I want to learn to use the offset someday your cook makes me want start learning today.

There ain't nothing to it, you can master in a day.

Let me know when you get one! You're in a good area for natural woods.

Rain again, all day and all night, never ending rain.

I've got my Halfa Weber outfront again but I have a packer slab I need to smoke but can't. And I need to. We don't eat brisket here for just holidays or special occasions, it's what we eat almost weekly year round for a lot of our meals and I can't get to my smoker with my back patio uncovered in this rain.

Wow this rain here is just not the norm for us. I don't want the Lord above to hear me complain, were always in drought but dang, it's just so much water.

Look at this Monolith in waiting!! All I've got to smoke today is just chickens.

image.jpg1_zpsost3ywwe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Medium 10 pounder slab.

image.jpg1_zpsmg1ctmxr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On the porch again watching Late Phases, werewolf movie on Netflix and waiting for my hens.

image.jpg1_zpsjdp2gdqn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The water is just corking thru

image.jpg1_zps5nzjbozw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg1_zpstxohchsc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Halfa Weber fired up and receiving!

image.jpg1_zpsdngcerj2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hens on. The wood is rain soaked so that's good.

image.jpg2_zpsysq9nfeo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

More later on my dull hen smoke!

That Brisket looks amazing and you killed it with your tips and peppers on you Jumbo Joe Premium! I thought I was the only one here with one :)

Back