sous vide controller

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
Looks great Dave! What was your total cost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All in probably about $100 but that includes a couple things I will get more use from like a hot glue gun, bag of wire nuts, roll of solder etc. I also bought a spare pump on reports that they will (sometimes) fail at higher heat.

And a good 8 hours tinkering with the box and figuring out the wiring diagram and making solder connections

Dave, Nice job in-spite of the hot glue threads!
icon_wink.gif

Please only plug that thing into a GFI outlet. When I was contemplating building one in that configuration I had planned on incorporating a built in GFI. Something about 120 volts in a homemade acrylic enclosure hanging over a vat of water...

Nicely done Dave. One thing I noticed in the parts list that it didn't include source/other info for the enclosure? Else I need to go over the parts list again.

If I build one I think I would move to metal/aluminum enclosure and also for the mount.

Every counter outlet in my kitchen is GFI (wired from GFI circuit breakers)

I think my kitchen is fully GFI - theres one GFI outlet at least, and I'm under the impression that building code requires all bathroom and kitchen outlets be wired to a GFI circuit.

Just checked - if I plug into any of the counter outlets and press the test button on the one GFI outlet, the other outlets are off. Appreciate the safety tip, though, Marc.

GFI in a kitchen (and bathroom) is definitely code now but it was only a few+ years ago when I switched over the outlets in my 1968 dwelling.

Back