Source for WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

John F Ford

TVWBB Fan
OK after lurking here and Ray's forum for a long time I tired of stoking up the offset for a small cook and ordered a WSM thru Amazon. However I received a notice today (after a week) that the ship date was now sometime in August and cancelled the order. Wal-mart has a good price but they are out of stock. Question does anyone know a source that might have them in stock?

John

Go to the Weber Where to Buy page (click on U.S. Dealers at the top of the page). There, you will enter your ZIP code and distance from your location that you would like to check. Good luck!

Ray,
That was to easy. I found a dealer in Huntsville, AL (where I work) that has them in stock for $179.00 + tax I am going down at lunch to pick one up.

thanks for the tip

John

Glad to help, John! One Alabama Boy to another (I was born in Talladega) and still have LOTS of family all around there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Enjoy your WSM!

Okay, since we're all Alabama boys, I figure I'll tell a story that's somewhat related.

I live in Birmingham, AL. I used the Weber "where to buy" search and found a couple of stores nearby that listed the WSM.

The first one I went to had a WSM on display. I asked them the price, and they quoted $189.99. That was higher than Amazon, and I would have to pay tax. But I could almost taste the ribs! So I opened it up and checked it out. I found the manual, and looked through the parts list. Some very important parts were missing, like the charcoal grate and ring. I mentioned it to the clerk, and he couldn't find it after looking in the back. Darn!

I went to the next store, and another WSM was on display. No price was on it, so I asked the "grill expert" there. He went to the back to check the book, and he came back with a price of $69! I could not only taste the ribs at that point, but I could see the chicken and smell the pork. MMM, MMM, GOOD! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif My ethics kicked in, and I said, "are you sure it's not $169?" He said, "nope, that's what the book said." I checked the machine thoroughly, and every part was there, down to the last bolt.

So, my happy self went to the register and declared, "I want that one over there! That guy said it was $69!" But the clerk at the register didn't seem so sure. She looked at the WSM, saw that there was no price, and called up the store owner. After a very brief conversation, she told me, "the owner says that that grill is $299." WHAT!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif That's $100 over the retail price! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif That's $230 over the price I was quoted! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif I called over the guy that quoted the price. He tried (not very hard) to back up his claim, but the clerk said, "sorry, the owner said $299, so that's what it is!"

Now, I couldn't taste or see or smell anything, but I just heard sad, sad music playing in my head. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif No ribs for me today . . .

I went home, logged onto Amazon.com, and got my WSM in a few weeks for $179.99 with no tax or shipping charges. And we all lived heavier ever after! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(John, the lesson here is that you should make sure that all the parts are there when you go pick it up.)

The End.

--Mickey

John,

Boy, am I glad I came across this post!! I didn't think anyone in Huntsville carried the WSM. This past Saturday, I went down to that same store and snatched up the last WSM in stock. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I did some country-style ribs on Sunday just to break it in. They were the best I've done yet. Thanks for the post!!!

It cooks like a dream. I did a turkey breast Sunday and it came out great. Being used to maintaining a fire in an offset I could not beleive how rock solid this thing held the temp. without doing anything other than opening the vent a tad later in the cook. If it was just a little larger I would give my offset away. Thanks to all for the good tips I have picked up on this site. BTW Mickey all the parts were there and they had even assembled it.

John

Can you help a guy in Franklin, TN with the store where you found your WSM.. Believe it or not, but I can't find one anywhere around Nashville Area and will gladly drive to Huntsville for one.

Here is where I got mine. BUT Mark got the last one they had in stock on Saturday. ACE Hardware has them in Decatur Al but their price is $199.00 You Might check the ACE Hardware stores in your area. Also see the response to my orginal post there is a link to the Weber site that has a dealer locator application.
Four Seasons Sunrooms
2832 Jordan Lane
Huntsville, AL 35816
256-722-2101

John

Thanks John,

I was able to track one down outside of the official Weber sight, right here in Franklin for $179. I'm anxious to get started as I've been trying to smoke for 10 years on a ECB that flew off the back of a pickup while we were moving. Had to promise the wife I'd keep her stocked with smoke meats and veggies but she finally caved....

Found one at Harpeth True Value here in Franklin for $179. Already done a pork roast and can't believe the consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back