Soon to be one of the few, the proud.

Wayne MacMartin

Gentleman, I am proud to say, I will soon be joining the ranks of the prestigious WSM owners association. I have toiled for well over a year on a BGE vs. WSM, and after being a Weber purist for all these years Weber has again won me over. I look forward to talking to you all soon, and perhaps gaining some insight after I pick up my 18" WSM this weekend from fellow brother on the brethren website. Until then, happy smoking!

Wayne
You will not be disappointed. I own both a WSM and a Large BGE and you made a good choice. Remember the cook needs to master the equipment not the other way around
icon_smile.gif
and this bulletin board rocks too.

Happy Smoking

I have never get the same smoky perfection in my Primo as i have on the WSM. Maby a lerning curve on the Primo that i have missed. Butt still smoke in the WSM. Congrats Wayne - You wont be sorry!

I got an 18.5" WSM back in February/March. I love it! It's very easy to control the temps. Kinda feels weird not having to tinker with something every ten minutes.
icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

Welcome Wayne! I have started using my WSM a lot more lately and had forgotten how much I like using it.

Thank guys! I'm pretty excited, and frankly happy that my search is over. I'm thinking a wind sheld of some sort is in my future as the part of town I'm in is famous for its windmills to generate energy that sit on the hills next to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne MacMartin:
Thank guys! I'm pretty excited, and frankly happy that my search is over. I'm thinking a wind sheld of some sort is in my future as the part of town I'm in is famous for its windmills to generate energy that sit on the hills next to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wayne, as far as a wind shield goes, I got some metal used to form pipe at Home Dept. Snap rivet 2 sections together and instant wind stoper. Portable for comps too. There it is between the 2 cookers:

porkloin001.jpg

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne MacMartin:
Thank guys! I'm pretty excited, and frankly happy that my search is over. I'm thinking a wind sheld of some sort is in my future as the part of town I'm in is famous for its windmills to generate energy that sit on the hills next to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

man thats nice
Wayne, as far as a wind shield goes, I got some metal used to form pipe at Home Dept. Snap rivet 2 sections together and instant wind stoper. Portable for comps too. There it is between the 2 cookers:

porkloin001.jpg

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you have got to be a happy man right now! I'm in prep mode waiting for mine (supposed to be Friday, so with assembly and prep on the turkey, it will be a Sunday smoke. My husband will be pleased). Let us know how it goes!

She's be a great partner with that performer of yours. I have the same set up but always find myself in a debate in choosing which one.

Back