Someone jump on this!

Larry, You certainly got burned on your Summit purchase as far as warranty support. I am still hoping to make a fix on your old one - the fix Weber should have made from the get go. With that, your old Summit can be a great grilling machine again. Not for rotisserie, of course, but that is one positive about the second generation Summits. A Platinum model with all 304 stainless frame and cabinetry, I think, is still a really nice grill. I say that understanding that it, too, needs a firebox fix and that parts are either expensive or very hard to find. It has to be worth it to you, but I can see why someone would go for it.

I really do hope you make something wonderful of that grill. I had so many good times on it and it truly hurt me the way Weber just dumped on me. Sadly customer loyalty means nothing anymore. But if anyone can bring it back I think you can. I just "lost heart" with the whole thing

Larry, You certainly got burned on your Summit purchase as far as warranty support. I am still hoping to make a fix on your old one - the fix Weber should have made from the get go. With that, your old Summit can be a great grilling machine again. Not for rotisserie, of course, but that is one positive about the second generation Summits. A Platinum model with all 304 stainless frame and cabinetry, I think, is still a really nice grill. I say that understanding that it, too, needs a firebox fix and that parts are either expensive or very hard to find. It has to be worth it to you, but I can see why someone would go for it.
I was fortunate to be able to fabricate cookbox parts, all in all with paint, cleaning materials, new wheels and casters, cabinet handles, I have about $100 invested in a Summit Platinum D6. I also understand why someone does not see the value in the pursuit.

I was fortunate to be able to fabricate cookbox parts, all in all with paint, cleaning materials, new wheels and casters, cabinet handles, I have about $100 invested in a Summit Platinum D6. I also understand why someone does not see the value in the pursuit.
I lost my person who did fab of metal parts (old friend of my dad's). He made some VERY nice SS parts for me out of heavy gauge 304SS. If he was still around I would have definitely had him fab something up for me to keep that Summit. But, it's truly sad how Weber simply left customers like me out in the cold with 0 support and then blows smoke up our butts with some fake "coupon" for a new grill. I didn't save the emails but using their coupon would have cost me more than walking into a store and simply buying a new one. I hate to rehash this. But, yeah would have definitely never let that thing outta my fingers if Weber had truly supported me or if I could have fabbed a new part. water under the bridge now

I lost my person who did fab of metal parts (old friend of my dad's). He made some VERY nice SS parts for me out of heavy gauge 304SS. If he was still around I would have definitely had him fab something up for me to keep that Summit. But, it's truly sad how Weber simply left customers like me out in the cold with 0 support and then blows smoke up our butts with some fake "coupon" for a new grill. I didn't save the emails but using their coupon would have cost me more than walking into a store and simply buying a new one. I hate to rehash this. But, yeah would have definitely never let that thing outta my fingers if Weber had truly supported me or if I could have fabbed a new part. water under the bridge now
Wait, What? They offered you a coupon? I never got offered a coupon! I’m hurt, lol.

Seiko did the coupon thing to me when, after 20 years, they no longer stocked parts to my watch. I liked Seiko because their factory repair center is only about an hour from me. I feel like watch companies should keep parts on hand fairly indefinitely, because they would all fit in a shoebox. The coupon was nice, but I didn't want to invest in a new watch. I never did buy another Seiko.

Bulova tried to do the same thing to/for me last year when I sent them a not very old accu Swiss model to have the stem repaired. They said they could not fix it and offered me a coupon for half off a new watch. They didn't have anything that was comparable in my opinion and I just had them send me the watch back.I was able to find an online jewelry repair company that fixed it no problem and for a reasonable price. I definitely got the impression that Bulova just wanted that watch back for some reason.

Weber offered me a coupon. New grill had a mis-cut part that sliced my hand. I tried to keep it in-house and not tell anyone. So here now you are the first to know.
Gave the grill away. Brand new.
Course I knew what coupon meant. So i sit and stew. But not really care. So done. Is weber a company that really deserves our lives. Or have they become just another scam

Last edited:
They offered me this phony baloney coupon. For a 4 burner Genesis. But there was a "catch". I could not use it at say Lowes or such. I had to buy it direct from Weber. But at their price even with the coupon I could have walked into the store and bought it cheaper without the coupon. So basically they dumped me while under warranty and washed their hands. I don't reward companies that do this

They offered me this phony baloney coupon. For a 4 burner Genesis. But there was a "catch". I could not use it at say Lowes or such. I had to buy it direct from Weber. But at their price even with the coupon I could have walked into the store and bought it cheaper without the coupon. So basically they dumped me while under warranty and washed their hands. I don't reward companies that do this
Yep, that's pretty bad. That's how my Bulova watch coupon was going to work also. It was half off of full retail from their website, and wasn't good on their expensive watches to boot.

Back