some pics of new acquisition (hopefully)

Damn they look good. Luv me some spares. Love that basket stye rotisserie too. Good thing I don't know where you live or it might be gone LOL. Don't get the little pan in the middle. Love the vise grip counterweight. All in all looks very successful.
Things get even crazier here. Wife may be driving past there today or tomorrow on way to MSP. Was out hiking the woods along the river near our house with the little guy and just getting ready to take a photo of the sunset on the old bridge over the Kishwaukee and phone rings. Of all people it's my mother in law (poor woman has dementia and Parkinson's) and asks who I was. I explained then she snaps outta the fog a little and explains she actually wanted to talk to me to tell her my wofe's brother had died (her oldest). She explains the police had come to her assisted living center to tell her. So I'm thinking hallucinations so touch base with my wife, she calls the nurse where her mom is who confirms 2 police officers were there breaking the news to her mom. Ugh. So now wife and sister in law are coordinating travel to MN.

I got the roto on craigslist for $30. It was billed as new, but clearly had been used at least one time, but otherwise looked new. It is and older, discontinued Weber Model.

Yep, there is no counter weight for the roto, and it works fine for a chicken or something like that, but some items like Ribs get off center and I find that using different size vice grips works good in counterbalancing it. I am thinking of ways to come up with a more dedicated counter balance.

The little pan in the middle was just a pan of water. It is used to keep up the humidity in the cookbox to keep from drying out the meat.

I have a couple packs of chicken "wingettes" out defrosting for dinner tonight. Doing Buffalo Wings on the grill. I am trying to take advantage of the nice weather while it lasts.

Sorry about the bad news. Not a good time of year to be dealing with stuff like that. I hope all goes well for the trip for the wife and sister. Dementia and Alzheimer's are a rough deal too.

Yep she's just about ready to leave as I write. Her poor sister missed her flight from FLA (TPA) to MSP which was the only flight. SO she got stuck paying some huge price to get another ticket so now she's sitting in TPA airport for a few hours. Positive note though is she'll be landing about the time wife rolls into twin cities and instead of a cab ride she can get picked up by my wife.
The ladies didn't seem too surprised by his demise. He had gotten EXTREMELY heavy (well into the upper 300's) had suffered a heart attack about a year ago and had a stent, badly diabetic and the list goes on.
ON Friday when I got the call I was out hiking with my little partner in crime
net6yd.jpg

We had a great time. Hiked about 4 miles even found a spring with crystal clear water bubbling up through the sand and wild watercress growing in it No hiking yesterday. Spent the PM with my bro putting a new kitchen sink and faucet in. What a PIA it was. I found a whopping good deal on a full setup from Kohler. Was a very expensive set found it on closeout deal through Amazon and it was still close to $400. I got it brand new $150. But then we discovered the cheapskate builder who built my house used under sized cabinets and counters and getting that sink in was touch and go. But, thanks to little bro's skills it is in and looks like it was always there. Needless to say I am sore. This big fine body does not like being bent into an under sink cabinet space LOL

Hey Larry. I love the photo. It looks like the type of river you could sit on all afternoon on a nice day and enjoy the water and even catch some fish.

I spent an evening earlier this week fixing the tracks for some cabinet drawers. Needless to say, the only way I could access them was through the skinny drawer opening in front, so yah, I know what contorting a body into tight spaces will do to a back. The funny thing though is that my back was already hurting for a couple days and I thought I was going to wake up in the morning in trouble. But, as luck would have it, it seemed to be what my back needed. I am 90% better today than I was before the cabinet repairs.

I hope everything goes well from here on out for the wife and relatives.

Back