so which tongs do most of you prefer, i fired up the weber yesterday.

AlexCuadros

When I fired up the weber, I had my pampered chef spatula, which I love, but I have so no name tongs, which have followed me around from house to house, and Im finally in the market for a good pair, I want to be able to pick up veggies with them, need them long obviously, Ive seen people talk about the Spatula Tongs, whats the input on those?

Just go to any kitchen supply store and pick up a pair of SS tongs. They come in all sorts of lengths. WAY cheaper than what you pay at a Weber dealer etc.

I have a couple cheap sets of tongs - I like the set James put up (also the ones Alejandro linked), I'm sure that'd last you a lifetime. I almost bit on that but I already have 2 pair! Instead, I screwed a hook into a kitchen cabinet to hang my BBQ/Grill specific (outdoor) cooking utensils on.

People have given me a million sets of grilling tools for Christmas over the years. I've used theses stainless one for years but I've never liked how they grip things, especially marinated chicken breasts. My neighbor has some weber ones and loves them, so I'd like to try a pair. If they last anywhere near as long as my cheapos, I'd be more than glad to pay for them.

My wife got me a grilling set from Pampered Chef several years ago. Came with a set of SS tongs. Sturdy, good grips and feel pretty good in the hand. I'd give em 2thumbs up.
Tim

I agree with the Oxo Good Grips. I use the teflon tipped set for foods and have a cheapo set of steel tongs that I use for picking up grates / coals / non-food.

212624e.jpg

Several years ago,maybe 5 or 6,Wally World had some SS 16" locking tongs in their grilling display. Nothing other than a bar code on a string,and of course,the "Made In China" tag. They were $1 a pair! Silly me only got one pair,figuring to get another set the next year.
Woe was me when I saw that the next 2 years models had silicon tips! DOH! However,the next,they went back to the all SS locking models. Yeah,the price went up to $2.50,but still well worth it! Sturdy,easy to clean and works very nice!

The silicone in all my Oxo Good Grips tongs has turned to a gooey mess. So I just remove it. Otherwise I just buy the cheapies at Wally's or the package of them at Sam's Club

Mine are very similar to these, the hanging loop on mine is heavy wire and bigger so it hangs on the grill peg nicely.
They are strong and they can be gentle on delicate items or the edge is sharp enough you can poke/cut/tear something to check doneness if needed.

I went With the Amazon ones. Just got them today. Sturdy, Great length, love the locking mechanism, and for $10. Just perfect.

Back