So newbies...

Jeff Langer

TVWBB Fan
What is everyone smoking this weekend? I'm torn between a brisket or some pork butts for pulled pork sandwiches.

wsmsmile8gm.gif

Going for a 8lb boneless leg of lamb.

Marinating over night in garlic, EVOO, rosemary and red wine vinegar. Then lightly smoking using apple and/or cherry wood.

Sounds good! I settled on a brisket... Just got bac from Sam's club and was not impressed with their selection. Grabbed a 13 pounder with a decent fat cap that I will throw on tomorrow night at some point!

Just finished preparing the brisket for Saturday nights cook!

I came across something on the net that I thought I would give a try to see if it makes any difference... Rubbed the brisket down real good with some dry rub, wrapped it in Saran Wrap and am going to let it sit for 24 hours. Anyone know if it will make a difference?

I've been tweaking a rub recipe and have come up with the following ingrediants:

Salt
Sugar
Brown Sugar, Chili Powder
Black Pepper
Granulated Garlic
Cayenne Pepper
Cinnamon
Dry Mustard
All Spice

Can't wait to get this thing on the WSM tomorrow night!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Got the brisket on the WSM around 11:45 last night... Checked the temps this morning around 6:00 and it was already in the 190's! it was a 13 pound brisket so I figured there was no way it could already be done right? I left it on the WSM for another couple of hours and just took it off with the temps at 201. Hadn't planned on eating until around noon so it is now wrapped and in a cooler. I have a feeling it is going to be overcooked but will know for sure in a little bit!

Back