So many KitchenAid Mixer Models

I'll have to check if Costco Canada has the mixer on sale...I don't think so though. They are all price fixed here - when they are on sale in one place, they are all on sale everywhere that KA is authorized.

Having a blast with the new processor though. Found heavy cream on sale for $1,99 a liter the other day, so picked up 3 liters. Added some live culture and let it ferment for a few days (was going to let it go 4 days, but we have to run out of town so it only went 40 hours) Food processor turned it into butter in about 5 minutes. Wow it's good. With butter going from $5.50 to over $7 a pound here now...very cost effective.

1.5 liters of cultured cream dumped into the bowl.

1683745657964.png

About 2 minutes of processing...

1683745738158.png

Couple minutes later...

1683745785421.png

After a couple batches...rinsed and salted. 3 pounds.

1683745844125.png

As I said, sometimes you just need a different hammer. That looks like wonderful butter!
I have and, use both, different jobs require different equipment. Yes you “Can” do it in a KA and it will be equally fabulous but, it’s (maybe only a little) quicker in the processor.

I was just at Costco yesterday. They are doing another sale on the large KitchenAid Professional 6qt machine. $299. That is a crazy cheap steal for a really quite good machine

Back