So it looks like pulled pork for the 4th.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Picked up two butts for $25. They wanted $100 for a choice brisket and I’m the only beef eater in the family, so I figured I’ll just do the 2 butts.
6A1FA3DD-63DF-4404-B545-90194437CD45.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you considered paying the other family members to suck it up a little? :D I'll be checking out the briskets this week. I've braced myself to pay whatever they want per pound, assuming they have something in the 14 to 16 lb. range.

Whoa. That is a 100% good decision.
Just saw Emeril hide pulled pork inside corn bread muffins. Hmmm.
I hear of some places finally lowering the price on brisket. Until then it will be the incredibly easy crowd pleaser.
Ps. What would be a Fourth of July pulled pork or brisket recipe? There is the hack turducken. How about we make our own TVWBB 4th of July special. Suggestions here: I start with the easy off the top brisket as bread with pulled pork inside. But I bet there are better. Red, white, blue fish?

$6.19/lb at Smart and Final? Wow! I saw a few choice packers at costco for $3.99/lb last week.

I think I’ll check with my butcher and see if I can pick up a point or maybe some beef ribs.

Good call Bruno no way would I pay $6.19 a pound for choice brisket.
Got two racks of spares I'm going to cut down for St. Louis style. Southern style potato salad, corn on the bone and homemade peach pie. And of course adult beverages.

Back