So done with RTD Probes (like the Maverick), wanna move to Thermocouples - anyone?

Dave Casazza

TVWBB Fan
Hi All,

After burning out another RTD probe with high heat, I'm officially done with Thermoresistance probes.

Anybody else looking to implement thermocouples, with high temperature/high humidity support? Thermoworks K probes look awfully appealing.

Just seeing if anyone else has this type of need... chime in if you do.

Dave

I would suggest looking into the circuitry needed to interface a thermocouple with the heatermeter and then build an add-on box or talk to Bryan about getting the circuitry included in an upcoming rev of the pcb.

I'd look into the past, because that's already done! I'm waiting on the boards to come back from fab. I put this in the other thread but I'll repost it here:

After working with Laen, we thing we've worked out how to include a thermocouple addon board with every HeaterMeter board for the same cost. The only issue is that the v4.1 board only easily supports 1 thermocouple (on the Pit probe). Routing the traces to get cutaway sections to allow you to reuse the existing jacks was just taking a ton of time and I'm not sure if people will be using those jacks anyway (because TCs don't come with 2.5mm mono jacks generally).

Thermocouples seem to generally come with screw-down spade connectors. That will never be out-of-the-box compatible with HeaterMeter because of the amount of board space it would require for the connector. You could still use the thermocouple addon board and solder it to the HeaterMeter board with some wires, so if you want multiple thermocouples you just need to figure out how you're going to connect the physical probe to the TC addon.

Back