So Check Out This Museum Piece: NIB 1988 Genesis 5

I think that one was posted before but for $1500 or something like that.
At $1000, he will probably get a sale on that.

Honestly if I was not in the market for a new (lighter and easier to handle) CCW EDC I would be on that thing like white on rice

Question for the collectors, just curious on my end, would the value be more if he had not assembled it? Sounds like it was still in the box when he bought it. Just wondering if that would make any difference.

Charlie

As much as I don't understand the museum piece concept, I do think that grill will and probably should wind up in that kind of situation.

Question for the collectors, just curious on my end, would the value be more if he had not assembled it? Sounds like it was still in the box when he bought it. Just wondering if that would make any difference.

Charlie
That is a good question. I would think yes, it would have been better to leave it in the box. But probably not a big deal either way. FYI: I am not a collector though.

Yeah given that in late 1992 I bought my Genesis 2 on closeout and it was nearly $500, $899 seems appropriate

If it was NG I would be in.
Keeping it in the box would of been easier for transport or shipping, but for the initial price of 15 hundo I think they wanted to show it off.

I wouldn’t let NG vs LP be the deal breaker. Compare it to what’s available now? It’s a grill that will last 20 years if you abuse it. Think the new ones will?
Gerry

Back