smoking food can cause cancer?

You would think if there's anything the human body would have evolved to deal with, it's meat cooked over an open fire.

How many generations have we (as a species) been doing this?

Simple solution - stop grilling just BBQ instead.
icon_smile.gif

Even simpler solution - stop listening to so-called scientists peddling their doom and gloom health scares.
icon_biggrin.gif

Next they'll be telling us that sitting in front of your computer reading and posting messages to bulletin board forums will kill you.
icon_eek.gif

I think Chris pretty much said it on the previous page. The quoted article could be an advertisement for "Low & Slow".

I guess I'd better stop using my Weber Gas Go-Anywhere with its "Flavorizer" which burns up the grease drippings and redeposits them on your meat as a tasty carcinogenic coating.

Live healthy, everything in moderation... including moderation. My grandpa died last year at 98. He had coffee morning, noon, and evening. He ate meat and dessert every day. He drank wine before dinner. Generally though the portions were conservative and he was always pretty fit. Good genes too- his mom lived to 99 and his brother hit 95.

'I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.'

That said...everything in moderation

LOL,
icon_biggrin.gif
I guess that means you want to go unnatural?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reinknecht D:
'I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.'

That said...everything in moderation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything I read on charcoal and other products say "..has been found to cause cancer in the State of California..."
but I'm in Hawaii so it's ok.

Aloha!

Greg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Kemp:
Everything I read on charcoal and other products say "..has been found to cause cancer in the State of California..."

Aloha!

Greg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn that was funny. If that's the case, I'm moving to Hawaii also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Kemp:

Aloha!

Greg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you, Braddah Greg!!! *LOL*

We've been "pulehu"ing our meat since our daddy's and grandpappy's times, on cheap Japanese hibachis, elaborate kamodos, even old tire rims with wire mesh draped over it. We never "burned" our meat so badly that it didn't taste good with a nice cold beer.
icon_biggrin.gif

Many of you have touched on the key: M-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. Do that and enjoy life to the fullest. Do too much of one thing and ya'll pay through the (pockets, keister, nostrils,wazoo... take your pick) for it!

Mark
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Batsarisakis:
Yeah, diddo for Massachusetts. And we have the best hospitals here anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the idea. Eat all you want as much as you want since the best hospitals are close by. I am now moving to Massachusetts.

Back