Smoking Burgers ???

Chris Rosen

I have an 18 in Weber Bullet and was wondering if anyone has ever smoked burgers?

I was on a flight to Houston and a guy was telling me about using an open wood BBQ pit to smoke burgers for 4-5 hours. He said it was the best burgers ever.

Anyone ever used their Weber Smoker to make burgers?

Chris, WSM smoked burgers are excellent! They take less than an hour and are extra smokey as hamburger readily takes to smoke
icon_razz.gif
If I'm planning on making chile, I throw on some burgers after I finish smokin something else.
icon_wink.gif
...I then break up those smokey burgers for inclusion in some awesome chile
icon_biggrin.gif

+1 on extra smokey. A little goes a long way. One small chunk does it for me. Also agree with the time - you aren't breaking down any connective tissues.

Can't say I've smoked burgers but it seems like the same concept of smoking meatloaf which comes out awesome! If you haven't tried meatloaf, do it. I'll have to give burgers a try sometime.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ron "Rondo" hanson:
Chris, WSM smoked burgers are excellent! They take less than an hour and are extra smokey as hamburger readily takes to smoke
icon_razz.gif
If I'm planning on making chile, I throw on some burgers after I finish smokin something else.
icon_wink.gif
...I then break up those smokey burgers for inclusion in some awesome chile
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take that one step further....take your spare trimmings (rib ends), smoke them with the ribs for about 2-3 hours. Let them cool and debone. You should get about 2 lbs of clear smoked meat.....vacuum seal it and throw it in the freezer. Next time you're making a chili, open up the package and throw it in.

Back