Smoking at work (in and around Atlanta)...

Keith H.

TVWBB Pro
I was asked to smoke some chickens for a retirement celebration here at work. When I asked what they were wanting, I was given the URL for the Cajun Meat Company in Marietta, GA. While the site is quite sparse in just what they have and what to do with their product, I think you will get the idea. A fellow employee picked up the De-Boned Stuffed Chickens (4 W/Shrimp Dressing, 1 W/Cornbread Dressing and 1 W/Rice Dressing) and I got to smoke them here at work.

I spoke to Chad (at the Cajun Meat Company) and he advised 375° for about 1.5 hours. Night of the smoke, we had breeze and best I could do was 275° in the WSM. But, I persevered, relying on my Polder to ensure that the internal temp was satisfactory. (I kicked it up a notch using some apple pellets)

What a taste experience these were! If you are in the Atlanta area, I would highly recommend trying this sometime. Granted, quite pricey (probably has to do with raising boneless chickens
icon_wink.gif
) but save for that special event.

Always wondered about that place... sometimes I'm a little wary of meat stores that pretty much only sell pre-seasoned/stuffed items. It's not far from my work, so I'll give it a shot sometime.
icon_smile.gif
Thanks for the heads up, Keith.

Hey guys! Ever eat at Gladys and Rons Chicken and Waffles? I was in town for the International Poultry Exposition two weeks ago and had a great lunch there (the one on Peachtree.)

Thanks Dave.

Easy to tell Dave was a visitor.
icon_smile.gif

Now, with the canned response.
icon_wink.gif

Which Peachtree?<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Blvd?
<LI>Street?
<LI>Avenue?
<LI>Industrial?
<LI>Drive?
<LI>Circle?
<LI>Way?
<LI>Downtown Atlanta?
<LI>Buckhead?
<LI>Marietta?
[/list]
What have I left out Dan or Rita?

Would this be it? Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken and Waffle.

Keith, TWELVES????? All basses. I can barely handle FOUR strings!!!! Actually, the local Sam Ash has a JetGlo 330-12 for $2300 that I have been tempted by for over a year!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">330-12 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, now you're talkin'.

Seems it would be nice compliment to my Guild JF30-12.

Back