Smoking a Pre Cooked Ham

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
I have a Kentucky Legend pre cooked smoked Ham. Has anyone ever put one on the smoker to re-smoke it ?

Yes and I'm doing another one for Christmas this year with a glaze. This link will take you Chris' section for smoking one on the WSM or you can search for "double smoked ham" for several discussions on it. Good luck with your cook.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Bill

Thanks guys. It is on there now. Any idea about how long it needs to be on there? It is about 7lbs. It has been on for 2 hours and I am due at a party in a little while.

Since it's "pre-cooked", it can be eaten cold. Give it as much smoke as you dare and continue to reheat it as long as you can but I wouldn't raise the pit temp and try to rush it ~ You'd probably end up with a dry'd up exterior. Foil/wrap it well for transport and if you have time, get it into a low-temp oven when you get there for a bit.

Bill

My wife shopped for a whole boneless Hormal Cure 81 ham for our family gathering today Sunday. There wasn't any left so she bought 2 half hams totalling 7 lbs. They were fully cooked so I smoked them using hickory figuring 20 min per lb or 2hrs and 20 min. I stuck the probe in and set the temp for 145*. Exactly 2hrs and 25min the alarm went off. I never cared for boneless hams but these came out quite good.

Hope you don't mind me tagging on Jeff,
I bought an 8lb HORMEL precooked bone-in ham "smallest I could find", and am going to put it on the WSm tomorro. I saw pictures using foil between the ham & grill. Do I need to do that, can I just put it on the top grill? How long & what temp?

Back