Smokey Joe Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like my Jumbo Joe. It appears to have the side vents and no bottom vents. There has been talk on this board that w/o the bottom vents high heat is not obtainable. However, you can mod it and put a bottom vent n it.

If I had to do it again I would get a 18" OTG instead of the 22.5 OTG. 18" is the perfect size for 2 people.

For $25 get it.

joe, yes it is and thats a great price. many say they have no problems with it. no longer made and new go for well over 45.00 .

yes thats a sjp. a nice thing to have after you get it to breathe properly. i drilled holes in mine, put in the one touch system and its great.
but if i had it to do over, as george has suggested before, i'd pick up a used 18 ots and cut the legs off. much easier.

if you went the 18 ots route i guess you might have to put a bolt through each leg or they would fall out when you picked it up. a much easier task then drilling larger holes and installing a one touch.
we use our sjp more now since we ran the kids off. also nice to have an 18 the fits easily in your trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back