SmokeFire Folding Top Grate

Gabe Tinti

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy the folding top rack from the new ELX6 Sear+? I can’t even find the part number since it’s not listed on the schematic.

Ok. The new folding upper grate part number (2400063) is finally listed on the ELX6 diagram, and I finally got around to calling Weber. Only took a few minutes. The part was $61.04, though ended up being about $72 with tax and shipping. Took about two weeks to arrive. Excellent design. Fits my Gen 2 perfectly. Hooks under the brackets to keep it secure.

IMG_3063.jpegIMG_3065.jpegIMG_3064.jpeg

Nice addition. I know one thing I would like to see is the ability for the large front shelf on my Z to fold down. But, it's a solid mount. Nice it's there and very sturdy but it sure would make getting the cover off/on much easier

You could definitely pile in a lot of racks of ribs with that setup! I assume this part is chrome plated steel. For low and slow BBQ, I don't know that this is a really big deal. It will be well seasoned and not subject to high heat if you remove it when you want your SmokeFire to do it searing thing.

Back