Smoked trout.

Arwin

TVWBB Fan
Been fishing yesterday, so today I had to smoke them...

IMG_9539.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

IMG_9547.jpg

IMG_9553.jpg

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9571.jpg

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg

IMG_9579.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

Have a nice weekend!

Those trout don't look very happy, but I bet everyone that eats them will be!

We have the same thermometer/timer from Ikea. Do you have 2 probes in your smoker and switch them around? I see an extra cord.

We have the same thermometer/timer from Ikea. Do you have 2 probes in your smoker and switch them around? I see an extra cord.

Yes, there are 2 probes in the smoker. I use them for my temp. controller (heatermeter from this forum) but also for the Ikea thermometer when there's no need to use the controller.

Arwin....freshwater fish on the smoker............my favorite. We would love more detail regarding the recipe for brine, wood on the fire, temp and time.... off to lake trout fishing now....oh, boy !! Great job, ARWIN

I'd like to know more too. My father-in-law is an avid fly fisherman and goes trout fishing often. I'd love to make this for him.

Incredible post!!

Does keeping the head on bring on more flavor? I usually cut the head off, just because that's how I was taught. I have noticed on the board here most fish is cooked head on, have I been missing out on flavor or is it just a personal preference?

Back