Smoked Chili

K. Smith

TVWBB Member
After an extremely mild winter (other than snow on Christmas Day) we now have an abnormally chilly spring. Since it was in the 40s this afternoon and going down to the mid 30s, we decided it was the last day for a while that the weather would scream "chili!" We decided to try smoking it instead of simmering on the stove. Here's what it looked like when we put in on the smoker:

And, here's dinner (with cornbread):

It was smoked for 3 hours over hickory and apple and was delicious!

Thanks for looking. :wsm:

That looks great! I have a bro-in-law that smokes his home made bbq sauce. I haven't tried it yet. Great idea.

I'll take a bowl too. It is 40 out there this morning. Might be a good day for me to make a batch.
I have a friend that thinks August is a good time for chili, so a bunch of us make chili, drive hot rods
over to his house and park em on the lawn for a do it yourself car show and chili cook off.

Love it and i do the same...But i use some mild smoke over the time,couse i think it pic up ALOT of flavour. Since every big batch of bolognese/chili is eaten/frozen over some time. We have to make em kids friendly (4&6yo) And sure i like a bowl of smoked chili my kids kinda dont. So we try to keep it in the middle.

Yum, chili and cornbread......great combination, I like to crumble it up into the chili....................d

Yum, chili and cornbread......great combination, I like to crumble it up into the chili....................d

Agree ! I also like to put chili in a white flour tortilla and make a little burrito out of it....so good. :wsm:

We have to be careful about the heat level as well for some family members and friends. But, today I scored a bunch of old cast iron, including three small dutch ovens. I got a total of 20 pieces for $40. Now, I have to clean and season it all. When I'm done, however, I'll be able to put the basic spices in a big batch, then divide it into smaller batches to add the peppers.

Back