Smoked Buffalo Wings

ScottM

TVWBB Member
I absolutely love wings. My wife doesn't care for them, since she really doesn't like eating the skin. She wasn't hungry for dinner, so it was my excuse to cook wings!

Raw
imag0249a.jpg

Seasoned with:
imag0250i.jpg

After grilling direct for a few minutes:
imag0251j.jpg

After 35 minutes with some cherry wood for flavor:
imag0252cf.jpg

Plated (tossed in buffalo sauce):
imag0255c.jpg

The wings were delicious!

those look great!! were you able to get skin a little crisp on them? when ever i make wings my skin is like rubber.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corey Elks:
those look great!! were you able to get skin a little crisp on them? when ever i make wings my skin is like rubber. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, the skin was crispy. The temperature must be kept fairly high to render the fat so the skin crisps. While I didn't check the temperature this time, when I have in the past the temperature is north of 350. Often near 400-425.

Yum! I usually do them the opposite way (indirect, then direct to crisp the skin), but you can't argue with your plated results. Awesome job!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corey Elks:
those look great!! were you able to get skin a little crisp on them? when ever i make wings my skin is like rubber. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, the skin was crispy. The temperature must be kept fairly high to render the fat so the skin crisps. While I didn't check the temperature this time, when I have in the past the temperature is north of 350. Often near 400-425. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I don't care much for slow-smoked chicken, and also prefer to cook it at higher temps.

Back