Smoked Bologna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob D

Hi all hope everyone is doing well. I am doing up 3 racks of spares ribs and a couple of butts Friday on my NBBD yes not the WSMS :-( but almost ready to order one :=) we plan to eat about 5 pm but in the mean time around noon or so I wanted to have on a couple of 2 lb chubs of bologna smoked to tie the folks over til dinner. I was wondering if anyone had any recipes to share on the best way to smoke the bologna.
I started on the Brinkman WS and then went to the NBBD offset but have helped a friend who has WSMS and I really like the way it produces BBQ. Thanks for the help in advance and have a great que on the fourth.
Bo

Thanks, Chris! I wasn't aware you even had that page! LOL

Bob....this has always been a real attention grabber. I used do this at cookoffs and the crowds would gather to watch. I must admit...a lot of the poking of holes is for show...but it is also how I was taught when I cooked a few contests on the MIM circuit. So, I now do it that way all the time.

Once, I forgot my "appliances", so just thick-sliced it, applied some rub and kept basting with BBQ sauce. That worked very well also. Use your favorite rubs and sauces.....I use my pork stuff.

The problem has become that bologna is expensive! LOL Who woulda thunk that???

You'll have a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back