smoked a Tri-Tip, pictures

Where can an eastern boy find Tri-Tip...Do I need to go to the butcher?, I just do not see this cut of meat in the supermarkets... Larry, you are "near" me.... have you seen these offered?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D M Sattelberg:
Where can an eastern boy find Tri-Tip...Do I need to go to the butcher?, I just do not see this cut of meat in the supermarkets... Larry, you are "near" me.... have you seen these offered? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a Trader Joes in Wilmington, they carry them. Look for fresh, non mainaded ones.

All of these posts about tri tip and especially the pics are killing me. There's not a place within 2 hours of me that carries them. Great looking cook anyway!

Vic,

That tri looks wonderful. I have a cryopack of Prime tris ready for cooking tomorrow. You got my mouth watering now.

Rick

Splendid looking Tri.
icon_cool.gif

That has to be one of the best looking tri-tips I have ever seen. Great slicing work by the way. Did that really turn out in one hour at 250? It looks perfectly done, and wonderfully juicy. It just seems like that wouldn't be enough time.

Was the meat at room temp when it went on? And your finish temp? Thanks for the pics. I'm going to have to do a tri-tip here soon now too.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Tom, At the 1 hour mark it was at 120. After searing it and letting it sit for a bit it comes out to 135 right at medium rare. I took it out of the fridge right after I started the fire. Seasoned it up and let it sit until the smoker was up and ready.

Very nice Vic. I tend to do tris when I can find them around here on the kettle. Must try smoking one of them soon. Tell the truth though, did you use a ruler when slicing?
icon_biggrin.gif

Back