Smoke Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Hello,

Did a search

Is there any ohter places to buy smoke woods on the West Coast ( CA ) other than bbq galore. lowe's or HD ?

just looking for some other types other than hickory or mesquite.

most of the places mentioned here are in the Midwest or East Coast. Shipping is expensive

Online or Retail it does not matter.

If not, I will just order from some of the websites mentioned here.

Thanks in advance

Here's one in Eastern Washington. Haven't ever ordered anything from them, so I can't say how the shipping or service is. They get their wood from orchards, so availability changes per the time of year.

Smoking Chips

Welcome Troy. Try the orchards...they usually have trimmings that work fine.

The citrus groves just north of the Valley are a good source. If you can hit an avocado grove at prune time--real nice as smokewood.

Call Whitewater Rock in White Water, near Palm Springs and see if they stock wood.

Encino Fireplace may stock wood--not sure--worth a call.

The peach/plum/nut groves are a farther drive but if you can hit them at prune time...

Another safe bet is something I always do: Roam the neighborhood with a saw and your truck after a storm. There's always a pecan branch or two that're broken and need some kind soul who just wants to help out in removing them. I get all my wood this way, and have a big supply as a result.

Of course, you can always throw on the ski mask and black clothes at 2AM and do some thoughtful service for your neighbors by preemptively removing some of those branches BEFORE the storm breaks them off. Try it. Your neighbors will be incredible grateful at your thoughtfulness and foresite when you remove branches before they become a problem.
icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back