Smoke wood for cheap

I wish I could take credit for figuring this out but I can't. I found out about it on a different board.

I was able to order two 10lb bags of smoke wood for less than $20. TOTAL. No shipping and no tax. Seems that www.doitbest.com allows you to ship your purchase to the nearest participating store free of charge where you can pick it up.

I was concerned that the store owner would be a little peeved that I shipped stuff to his store and he wouldn't get any profit from it. I asked him about it and he said that he was more than happy for me to do it. He said that he gets 'credit' for the sale and at the end of the year he gets a check for sales credited to his store (don't ask me how it works, I don't understand it).

They look to be a nationwide store chain so one should be reasonably close to most major areas. They have a search thingy to find the closest.

Now for the lawyer type stuff (feel free to read this really fast so it sounds like a commercial). I don't have any interest in the store or the wood. I'm just trying to pass on a way to save a few bucks to fellow smokers.

Russ

Russ,

Thanks for the great tip. I can't tell you how difficult it is to find anything other than hickory or mesquite wood chunks here in the chicagoland hardware stores, so this is great. Just ordered a bag each of apple, cherry and pecan.

Pat

Back