? Smoke & Spice's Braggin Rights Brisket ? - Need Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Planning on doing my first ever brisket. Have tons of pork and chicken but not big on beef. Anyway I was going to do Smoke & Spice's Braggin Rights Brisket, however the recipe says not to try and use a charcoal or electric smoker. Assuming you know the recipe I'm talking about, my question is...why?

Hi Dale and welcome to the forum!

Smoke and Spice is a very good book for rubs, mops and sauces. Everything else is sub par. Times are WAY off and using only a wood fired off-set is simply BS! So, ignore that advice and use the recipes and you will be just fine.

Dittos to Stogie's comments concerning cooking times, rubs, mops and sauces. The book is WAY off on cooking times, but the general recipes and "sidebar" stories are really good.

Of all the BBQ books that I have bought, it is still my favorite as it was the first book that really addressed real bbq for me. I still use the Renowned Mr. Brown rub for all of my pork butt cooks and even my wife found a killer dessert recipe that she really likes.

They came out with a revised edition of the book this year, which I purchased, that still has the wrong cooking times and no mention of the WSM.

SC Que

I just opened up my copy of S&S, to refresh my memory on this recipe. I don't have any clue why they think that Braggin Rights would be any different on a charcoal cooker than the Dallas Dandy that they point you to if you are a lowly charcoal or electric smoker. I say follow their meat prep instructions, use your knowledge of the WSM to get 225-235? goin' and then send pictures of your wonderful brisket to the Jamisons complete with pics of the charcoal cooker you used!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hope it turns out well....watch out for aliens (see my post in Just Conversation....)

Rich G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back