smoke day kettle brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Fleming

TVWBB Fan
sup folks..

had a good smoke day tried my 9.5lb packer brisket on the kettle. used the firebrick setup and loaded it up with wicked good lump oak and apple chunks split inot smaller pieces. then i put bout 6 lit lump on top. started around 9am, smoke was rolling and temp was round 250 too 275 most of the day. i started fat side down tring too get a good bark crust. rotaded at 11am, then turned and rotaded at 1pm. at 3pm brisket was done and so were my coals, got all i could outta it. foiled the hunk of cow and put in a towel wrapped cooler for an hour. when i cut the first slice i could not believe the awesom smoke ring i got.. it was awesome.. i also used that beer mop on this site nar the end.. really happy with the Kettle setup.. 6 hours seems short cook time but when it is done it is done.. right?? thanx too all for the helpful hints.. i tried too get my pictures loaded up here but was having problems.. oh well happy memorial day too all that serve in the military past and present.. let freedom Ring!!!

glenn in SC BTW the Sierra Nevada Harvest Southern Hemispere that just came out is AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back