SMD Heatermeter on a RPI B+? Yes, it can be done......

Not too shabby!
Yeah nice! One of the other things I've wanted to try is to pull the digital 3.3V from the Raspberry Pi's 3.3V output, then run the analog 3.3V only from the MCP1700. I don't think it would make a difference though just because it is the noise coming through the 5V regulator and ground noise from the 12V side that messes with things. Did you try anything like that?

Haven't tried that but I guess that it wouldn't make much of a difference. The only noise that I measure at the 3.3V line comes from the 5V regulator. For my next batch I will order some very low ESR 100uF capacitors from Mouser to see if that makes any difference.

Some pictures of the 6.1.2 board;

612PCB-1.jpg

612PCB-2.jpg

And yes it works with a RPI3!
612PCB-3.jpg

The Eagle and gerber files can be found here

The STL files for the case (TC and 4Probe) can be found here

Link to the Mouser project .

STL files for the LED spacers, a CPU allignment jig and a button allignment jig.

Last edited:
Hey Peter,

Nice! I'm building another now (based on your latest PCB) and have a few minor points:

* The 1N4001 diode is a through-hole component in the Mouser project vs a surface mount
* C13 has a value of 100n vs 0.1u like the rest of the decoupling caps. That cap is also not listed in the Mouser project either.

Last edited:
Don't know how I have missed the 1N4001 and C13:confused:. I'll modify the Mouser project asap.

100nF = 0.1uF so the value is OK, although it might be a bit confusing.

Back