Smashburger Size?

I picked up the Weber kit for griddles...it has a heavy spatula and a thin one...I have them in the car, haven't inspected them yet.
Also came with the scrapper and 2 squirt bottles.....seemed like a good kit and a good name, should work out.
I have a massive spatula to smash the burgers with already......always seems like you need 2 minimum.

View attachment 92700
I have the spatula and scraper and like how they work.

Came across these guys, not a big fan really but I don't love many videos unless it's Malcom talking......his videos do it for me most of the time.
These guy talk a lot and like to wave their food around a lot........ but take a look if you want.
smashburgers 3 ways......3 different thicknesses.....

nothing like coors light
when its 100F+ outside, the coors lights are a simple refresher. try doing yard work and then drinking a full bodied beer. siesta time for sure. and blown productivity.
Excellent....that little thin slotted spatula may not be a high use item....we will have to see of course....everything is still very new.
that slotted flexy spat makes a great fish turner. thin enough to gently get under a side of fish and flexible enough to not break the fish loin into 10 pieces.

when its 100F+ outside, the coors lights are a simple refresher. try doing yard work and then drinking a full bodied beer. siesta time for sure. and blown productivity.

that slotted flexy spat makes a great fish turner. thin enough to gently get under a side of fish and flexible enough to not break the fish loin into 10 pieces.
I am sure a fried egg and other fragile foods would all benefit from that thin spatula.

I also wasn't trying to put the domestic light beers down too hard......I get it.....these days I don't drink too many in a row, just leads me to eventually feeling uncomfortable in the end.......I have 6 of the ales sitting at home now with 2 St. Bernardus...which actually is hard to drink when it is not winter out.....going to grab a case or half case of something lighter for Saturday for sure......it is going to be warm and I guess it's an hour to build....then tinker a bit and probably about 3 hours doing a seasoning process which I am darn sure involves me watching it a lot and drinking beer.

I just use a metal plaster/paint scraper... razor sharp edge works beautifying for preserving that godly crust.

We love smash burgers. To us they are a family favorite. We love cheeseburgers too, but the smash is different.

I use 1/3 cup of beef per burger as well as the cheese. My usual burgers are about a half pound. My biggest problem with cooking smashes is that I can only do 3 or 4 at a time comfortably due to the quick time, flipping, bread grilling, and the direct heat with you hands close (sometimes I use mitts). If you have family and friends over, it takes longer to cook for everyone, and I usually tell the gang to go ahead and eat when the smashes come off. So for big gatherings, I usually do the usual cheeseburgers. In fact for my wife's recent book club, was easy to do 16 burgers at once on the 425 Weber.

Although there is no actual size limit, the preferred amount is usually between 2-3 oz., this method develops a quicker sear which locks in all the juices & flavor.

Back