Small Yellow Gold Potatoes on the griddle

Nice job BruceB

I'd be dipping those tasty looking gold griddled potatoes in some spicy guacamole.

How'd you prep and what was the rundown?
I washed the small potatoes and cut them in half. I microwaved the batch for 2-3 minutes. Then I dumped them on the griddle and added some grapeseed oil. The hardest part is making sure each half is face down, and then turning them over to get the other side (the round part). I cooked them about 20-30 minutes on the griddle, adding more oil if the griddle looked dry. I then added salt and pepper. I flipped them cut side down to finish. When I was finished they were a little darker than shown and delish. This is about the 4th or 5th time I made them since I got the griddle.
If I was cooking something else on the other side, and I didn't want them to get to dark, I'd put them in a foil tray to keep them warm.

Last edited:
Those look good. I put some olive oil on these leave them whole, put them directly on the grates, and just roll them around to flip.

I usually wrap with oil and spices.
Put on the bun warmer grate.
Heat up grill, wait for ither things to cook, all good
Now if only there was some pot thay fots up there and does not interfere with lid. Maybe two or three in case only a few people, and easier to transport.

Back