Small Pork Loin

Here's the JD Brine for Turkey:
2 cups maple syrup
1 cup bourbon
1 tablespoon pickling spice
Remainder of container filled with salt water mixture with ½ cup table salt per gallon of water (you can also add apples oranges etc.).
I brine for 24 hours and then allow to air dry in the fridge overnight.

Here's the JD Brine for Turkey:
2 cups maple syrup
1 cup bourbon
1 tablespoon pickling spice
Remainder of container filled with salt water mixture with ½ cup table salt per gallon of water (you can also add apples oranges etc.).
I brine for 24 hours and then allow to air dry in the fridge overnight.

Thanks Larry, I'll try it out next time I Maple/Bourbon something.

Do you have a bourbon you prefer for cooking with? A local liquor store attendant, and self proclaimed bourbon expert, recommended Early Times. He said people like to cook with it because it has a lot of the desirable flavor notes at a really reasonable price. I've gone through a couple bottle in my cooking and it seems like it works well enough but I find it heavy on the fruit/floral end and I'm looking for a more of a butterscotch like flavor.

I use Jack Daniels although I don't think Bourbon purists consider Jack Daniels a true bourbon.

No, but I've gotten "sauced" on Jack Daniels though, LOL!! But seriously, I think I've made a couple of sauces with it years ago but don't have the recipes any longer. I do however do a Bourbon Yams and they're great too.

Back