Slow n Sear for $58.79 on Amazon

What is the benefit of this over the traditional weber baskets?
it has a larger capacity and it has a water reserve so u dont need a separate pan. you can do the same thing with your charcoal baskets. there are people who actually modify their charcoal baskets and create what is known as the bro n sear.

the slo n sear is built with thicker steel. folks who use it love it over the baskets and it rarely leaves their kettle. you can do direct or indirect.

for me, its about convenience and peace of mind. I can put more charcoal and I don't have to worry about my 2nd basket to see if it lit on fire (happened to me once - user error). And I dont need another water pan if I want to use water to regulate temperature.

A lot of folks are fine using just bricks or makeshift tools to help their kettle game. You get the same folks that love the vortex and another set of folks that create their own "vortex". It all depends on how much you wanna tinker and spend. There is no right or wrong answer - as long as you keep grillin' and smokin'.

I have the newer model and love it.
That one there has a great price and I’m sure it works well.
I think it even weighs more.

The stock baskets are nice.
They work well for certain cooks like the Hunsaker flat top or beer can chicke.
The sns gives you more options.

I think a kettle needs several different tools.
Baskets, SnS, vortex, a flat top and I’m probably forgetting something else.

The SnS and the vortex would be on the top of my list.

I have the newer one and don't use the water bin much, if you leave it in there you must put water in it they say or warping will occur.
I have used it with water and it works well.....I have done 10 hour smokes on the performer with the SNS with water that will rival my E6 cooks.
Its pretty easy to hold a 250 with the water in as well.
My basket stays in there almost full time.....odd cooks with baskets or rotisserie......
That link above takes me to the Canadian site...my price is $107.00....the new model still cost me more than that.
I wouldn't know how to bbq without it almost.
I can also clean up a cook from a previous day in minutes......what I don't need all comes out in the basket very easily.

A few years Back my purchase was titled "SlowNSear Plus" and it has served me very well. It is very similar to the now SlowNSear Deluxe except you can not remove the water tray. All my grilling sessions on my Weber Performer Deluxe always includes loading it with either lump charcoal or Briquets. Also, I also purchased the SlowNSear DripNGriddle Pan which makes cleanup a breeze.

Last edited:
Mine has a screen bottom that holds the previous coals and allows me to just shake out the old ashes, leaving the partial used charcoal to just add some new stuff to.

Mine has a screen bottom that holds the previous coals and allows me to just shake out the old ashes, leaving the partial used charcoal to just add some new stuff to.
My SlowNSear Plus is the same which helps to prevent lump charcoal bits falling through the holes and clogging-up the bottom Weber Dampers. If need be in the future I will be purchasing the SlowNSear Deluxe with the screen bottom.

Back