Skins vs. Dallas Brisket

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
Put this 8lb flat on at 7:30 this morning and hope to have it done by half time of the Skins vs. Dallas game tonight!

IMG_9219.jpg
IMG_9222.jpg

Nice looking meat Larry. A BJ's special? I was going to do one today too, but I'd have to brush up on my swimming technique as it is still raining up here. By the way, the Skins have no chance, but I'll be rooting for them anyway. Take heart, my predictions are never right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
Nice looking meat Larry. A BJ's special? I was going to do one today too, but I'd have to brush up on my swimming technique as it is still raining up here. By the way, the Skins have no chance, but I'll be rooting for them anyway. Take heart, my predictions are never right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep from Bj's. I'm not talking about the Skins game yet.....

Here's the update on the brisket. Hit 165º and into a double wrap of foil, going according to plan!

IMG_9236.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
Nice color. What wood are you using today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Dave. I use hickory about 90% of the time and that's what I'm using today as well.

Looking good Larry, that's a nice size flat, don't see them that big where I shop.

I did that brisket yesterday I mentioned to you via email, turned out to be the brisket from hell, she stayed in the plateau for 7 hours, could not get her to break out of it. Pulled her off way before anyone would consider taking a brisket off (it was late and we needed to eat) and I'll never admit the actual temp, but she was still great, cut with a fork, very moist, sometimes its better to be lucky than good I suppose. Enjoy the brisket and the game, looks like my Niners are going to get beat today.

Nice looking flat Larry. I just fired up some carne asada to have with breakfast. Sitting with the family, watching the games now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Put this 8lb flat on at 7:30 this morning and hope to have it done by half time of the Skins vs. Dallas game tonight! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Let's hope we both have an appetite at halftime.
icon_frown.gif

Can't wait to see the finished product, Larry. Is this a low and slow, or a high temp cook?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
Looking good Larry, that's a nice size flat, don't see them that big where I shop.

I did that brisket yesterday I mentioned to you via email, turned out to be the brisket from hell, she stayed in the plateau for 7 hours, could not get her to break out of it. Pulled her off way before anyone would consider taking a brisket off (it was late and we needed to eat) and I'll never admit the actual temp, but she was still great, cut with a fork, very moist, sometimes its better to be lucky than good I suppose. Enjoy the brisket and the game, looks like my Niners are going to get beat today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry we have reverse fortunes.........this was an 8lb flat and I cooked with a dome temp that never went over 265º, I foiled at 165º and within 2 hours it was tender. Total cook time of 6.5 hours........It's resting in the cooler until kick off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Put this 8lb flat on at 7:30 this morning and hope to have it done by half time of the Skins vs. Dallas game tonight! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Let's hope we both have an appetite at halftime.
icon_frown.gif

Can't wait to see the finished product, Larry. Is this a low and slow, or a high temp cook? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was meant to be a low and slow, but ended up being a low and fast (see above)!

Originally posted by shervie:
Looks killer Larry. And BTW the Skins are going great too, 23 - 17 w/ the ball right now
icon_biggrin.gif

That's because I gave them no chance. The only prediction I've ever made that was correct was that I'd flunk chemisty 47 years ago. Since them I am 0 for a bunch.
Larry, tell the truth, do you measure your slices with a ruler?
The rain let up here for most of the day, so I smoked a boneless turkey breast in the kettle for lunches and did a tri tip for supper. Both came out PDG as you say. Ya, ya, ya, I used your rubs. Tasty stuff. Lets hope the Skins can hang one on the Cowboys and Jerry, I need another face lift, Jones

Larry, tell the truth, do you measure your slices with a ruler?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ROFL!! He does!!! One on each end!!
icon_razz.gif

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:

ROFL!! He does!!! One on each end!!
icon_razz.gif

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I swear, it's unreal. His slices are so perfect. Look almost manufactured. Very nice Larry, I'm jealous.
Well, it's official. Skins win, Skins win. Lets see. Maybe I can get a winning prediction in yet. Is McGovern running again?

... Maybe I can get a winning prediction in yet. Is McGovern running again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ROFLMFAO!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
... Maybe I can get a winning prediction in yet. Is McGovern running again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ROFLMFAO!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bill, the funny thing is that 80% of the people on this board probably never heard of McGovern.
Not that that matters.

You're probably right ! Maybe, closer to 90% !!

OK, we're done with politics here (not like 80-90% of you knew what we were laughing about
icon_wink.gif
) .. Back to brisket and the Skins' WIN !!! WoooHooooooo!

Bill

Back