Size of Burner Support Screws?

FredSanford

I am in the process of putting my Genesis Silver B back together after cleaning it up/paining. I missed the part to not take out the two screws on the far left of the fire box that are used to guide/hold the burners in place. I was able to get them out without breaking them, but the heads are pretty rusty and deteriorating and would Ike to replace them with new ones. Does anyone happen to know the size or part number of those screws?

Worst case, I could probably get away with putting the old ones back, but if I can put new ones in that is preferred.

TIA

Fred, I've never seen those screws listed as a separate part anywhere before. I would probably take one to a hardware store and try to match it up with a quality stainless steel replacement. I'm sure there is someone here who has already done so and knows what size they are and chimes in.

Yeah, not rocket science. Just get some self tapping stainless steel screws close in size
Well, definitley not rocket science, but nice if someone has a quick answer that may have been down this path before. So…that quick answer if others are in need was a #12x1/2 stainless screw is what worked for me on my Genesis Silver B.

The question I have now is, should the burners have some play underneath the screw/washer or be tightened down so they dont move back and forth?

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for posting the size. I can rarely find SS in stock and usually end up ordering from bolt USA.

Some play is fine on the burner ends. Snug fit but the burner should slide in and out without loosening the bolt.

Yep. I find the silver kind works quite well. Not a lot needed. Just a dab. Although really not any need to remove them once installed

Well, definitley not rocket science, but nice if someone has a quick answer that may have been down this path before. So…that quick answer if others are in need was a #12x1/2 stainless screw is what worked for me on my Genesis Silver B.

The question I have now is, should the burners have some play underneath the screw/washer or be tightened down so they dont move back and forth?

Thanks for the replies.
Where did you order those from. Do you have a link. I cannot find #12, 1/2-inch hex head in stainless steel.

Where did you order those from. Do you have a link. I cannot find 1/2-inch hex head in stainless steel.
I get mine at our local Menards. I am told Home Depot has a pretty good selection as well as any Farm supply stores you might have in the area. We have Farm & Fleet here in IL and in WI they have both Farm & Fleet and Fleet Farm. Or try Harbor Freight or Northern Tool. Or look for a Fastenal store

Thanks, LMichaels, No Menards here. Only Home Depot, Lowes, Harbor freight and McCoys. I was hoping to order on Amazon so I can order in bulk at lower price.

Thanks, LMichaels, No Menards here. Only Home Depot, Lowes, Harbor freight and McCoys. I was hoping to order on Amazon so I can order in bulk at lower price.
Before you do that look for a Fastenal. They've got great selection as their name implies. I think there is another company like them but the name escapes me

Back